Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sleep.

We all enjoy sleep.

Some folks enjoy it more than others though. It is fair to say that most people require more sleep than I do. Sleep is okay, I guess. I mean, I need my rest. I lay my head on a pillow (or six) every night. Having said that, I will say that some of y'all sleep WAY too much.

Just this week, I have been turned down for pre-work coffee at a coffee shop by two co-workers because they wanted to sleep in. I have been ditched for a late-night-out because the people I was with were "too tired." I feel like every time I turn around, I hear "NO". And when I question it, the answer is always, "Because I'm too tired."

What is so tiring? Why is everyone around me exhausted?

I want to scream, "There is LIFE out here! Come on out, join me!"

There are an elite few people, an estimated 1-3% of the population, that are known as "short sleepers." I have to find these folks and hang out with them.

From http://www.simplehealthguide.com/short-sleepers-saga/:

Famous personalities cited to be short sleeping are T. Jefferson, Da Vinci, B. Franklin. Presently, several of those short sleeping are usually gravitating towards being bloggers, videogames designers, software developers & into social media wherein their sleep behaviours are ideally suited.

Isn't that interesting?

I understand from several articles that I am more than likely classifying myself as a short sleeper when I am not one indeed. However, it is much more fun to think that I have a hDEC2 gene variation, which makes me require less sleep than my peers.

((((Yawn...))) Well, it is time for me to go to sleep. It is 10:27 p.m., so it is way past my bedtime. I'll finish this blog post, including how my ramblings about sleep relate to fostering dogs, on the next go-round...

No comments:

Post a Comment