Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Gift of the Vine

Wine Gourmet hosted a wine tasting on Saturday to benefit the Roanoke Valley SPCA. This event combined two of my favorite things: partaking in wine and saving animals. It was the first time I have wandered into the store on Electric Road, close to Katie's Ice Cream in Promenade Park. Wine Gourmet's support of Roanoke Valley SPCA has earned them a new wine-drinking customer. I am typically a red wine drinker, but I really enjoyed a white wine that they offered in the tasting, the Superstition Riesling Pinot Blanc.

From the Superstition wines website:
Superstition wine combines the crisp, fruity minerality of one of the world’s finest Rieslings with the creamy, nutty nuances of Pinot Blanc. The taste is spellbinding, as the Riesling’s food-friendliness harmonizes with the Pinot Blanc’s approachable softness.

I thought it was really clever of Wine Gourmet owner and staff to select a beautiful bottle with a cat pictured on the label, in honor of the RVSPCA.

I ended up buying a few bottles, as did my mother and my friend who accompanied me to the tasting. A delightful time was had by all. When you get a chance, stop by the store and thank them for hosting the event and giving the "gift of the vine" to support RVSPCA.

www.rvspca.org

No comments:

Post a Comment