Thursday, January 5, 2012

Lindsay's Writing Assignment

My daughter, Lindsay, is 10 years old. She will be turning 11 in just a few days. Lindsay never ceases to amaze me with the beautiful way she looks at life. Today I was reading the papers that came home in her folder from school, and I happened across a lovely piece of writing about Lindsay's take on dog fostering. I thought it would be nice to share this with you.


Her writing assignment consisted of composing a letter to her teachers detailing her favorite part of the holiday weekend. Keep in mind that on the weekend referenced in the letter, Lindsay enjoyed playtime with friends and a splendid New Year's Eve Party (and she was allowed to stay up to see the ball drop). Yet, she chose to write about her experience with fostering puppies in our home.

It makes me so happy to participate in a volunteer activity that my daughter enjoys so much.

If you are interested in fostering a pet in your home, click here to contact a local shelter:
* Franklin County Humane Society
* Roanoke Valley SPCA

Check out the right side of my blog...look at how many puppies I have had the opportunity to help in just a short time. It is truly a rewarding experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment