Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Carlo DeVito's book: "10 Secrets My Dog Taught Me"

My five-year-old and I stopped by Barnes and Noble over the weekend. Alex insisted it was "Alex day," which is not related to any real holiday or birthday, and just means that he wants me to buy him something.

In the five years of Alex's life, he has not yet realized two important things about Barnes and Noble.

1. Mommy WILL buy herself a beautiful hardcover book EVERY TIME we go to Barnes and Noble, even though Mommy owns a Nook.

2. Mommy WILL buy Alex a book at Barnes and Noble(whether or not it is a REAL OR FAKE holiday.)

I am equally obsessed with books as I am with fostering dogs. You get the point.

While Alex was encouraging me to buy into his "Alex day" story, I was immersing myself in the hardcover display books in the center of the store.

I found a book, "10 Secrets My Dog Taught Me," by Carlos DeVito. The author explores the lessons he has learned from his dog, Exley, in only 172 pages. A must-have quick read, this book reinforces a few simple rules known by all dog-owners.

Pick up the book at your local book store. It is a good one.

DeVito, Carlo. 10 Secrets My Dog Taught Me: Life's Lessons from a Man's Best Friend. [Emmaus, Pa.]: Rodale, 2005. Print

No comments:

Post a Comment