Sunday, May 22, 2011

Omega: This Guy is an Attention-Getter!

I have walked nearly all of my foster dogs out in public, and I have become accustomed to people stopping to pet the puppy. I have a speech for each person when they stop to pet the puppy. The speech usually goes a little something like this:

"Omega is a foster dog from the Roanoke Valley SPCA. He's available for adoption in about a week. Tell everyone you know!"

At this point in the speech, nearly every time, the person tells me how they could never foster dogs, because they would keep them all. I respond with a valid point, that this dog does not belong to me, and that I am "babysitting" the dog for the Roanoke Valley SPCA. I cannot collect dogs in my home, and I am doing a good thing for as many dogs as possible by fostering puppies before their adoptions.

I wonder if any of the strangers I have met out in the park have looked into foster parenting when they went home. Maybe they checked out the Roanoke Valley SPCA website, or maybe they called their local humane society to see how they can help.

Omega is such a handsome, uniquely colored dog that he gets even more attention than the others, even from afar. Everyone wants to know: "What is he?
"

He has blue eyes, like a Husky. His face is shaped more like a lab. His blue coloring, maybe Chow Chow or Pit Bull (?) or back to possible Husky...

He is simply gorgeous. He is a major attention-getter. If I was single, I would have the phone numbers to half the single man park-goers in Roanoke. Let's face it...people want to see Omega again. (And I am totally hot... HA! I am just kidding.) Omega is a sweet, easy puppy. He does well with the children we meet at youth sporting events. Spread the word about Omega, and share this posting with your friends, neighbors and associates. I like when my foster dogs are practically adopted once they get back to RVSPCA.



For more information on pet foster parenting, please check the RVSPCA website or call Ann Marie Sweeney at 540-339-9505. Tell her that the crazy blog woman sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment